Introduction

Hello! My name is Sultan Ahmed, aka Dr. Dropset (still working on the Dr. part).

I am a PhD student at Stony Brook University studying specific proteins involved in some cancers. I also love discussing fitness, whether it's dieting or exercising. 

I've been on-and-off invested in fitness for a couple of years now. In optimizing my routine for my fitness goals, I've heard and read a lot of things about what works and what doesn't, but I'm sure I'm not the only one that has found conflicting or confusing information. 

There have been studies done on the physiology behind different exercise routines and supplements, but there are still a lot more discrepancies that need to be defined. Importantly, different things work for different people. For example, metabolism is a factor that can vary drastically from on person to another. An individual that efficiently utilizes energy stores (carbs, fat, etc.) might respond differently to a diet/exercise regimen than another individual who is more prone to storing energy. On the other hand, some things can be generally beneficial to a wider audience which can help people work more efficiently towards their goals. 

As someone invested in science, I feel that it is important to understand what goes on in our bodies when we take certain supplements and perform one exercise over another. Therefore, my aim is to help clarify the nitty-gritty details of fitness, and to educate the public so that they can make more informed decisions. 

Without further ado, lets start our set. 

Comments

Popular Posts